Monday, April 13, 2015

Disney--Choices...the longest week ever

This past week as been one heck of a week. Let's just leave it at that.

I got my offer for the DCP and yes, I was very happy. As well as being happy I was shocked and faced with a very hard choice. I could go and then come back, sure. However, things at my current job wouldn't be the same.

Long story short, after many talks with my family and many tears later, it was best to leave the dream of working for Disney just that.

I don't feel like I need to explain myself and why I made this decision. I talked to my co-workers, my family, friends, and people who had just done the program. I did my homework, made lists of pros and cons and when it came down to it there was only one answer.

I'm at a happy place in life; something that hasn't happened in a long time. I'm not going to waste my happiness for the unknown. 

I don't care if you agree or disagree. I've had struggles, like many, and I'm finally at a really good place. At the end of the day I don't want to change things at the moment. Change is normal and will have to happen sooner or later and I understand that. However, my life has changed and for the better. 

Let the dream be a dream. 

On the other hand, I've decided that I am going to travel and do whatever I want this year. I'm planning a trip to New York (probably next year, but I'm saving). Just going places and enjoying this state I live in...something I haven't done in...well just about forever. 
It was a hard choice, but I already feel better about it. I don't feel regret. I love Disney...I should say I love to visit Disney. I'll keep it that way and I'm perfectly happy with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment